Sneak Peeks - March 2020 Update - Everything We Know About the Next Clash of Clans Update!
This is a fixed article where you will always find the latest Sneak Peeks and everything we know about the next Clash of Clans update.
According to the Community Manager, in 2020 Clash of Clans is planning on having an update every quarter, so get ready to have 4 updates this year again!
The next update is now officially being called "Spring Update", so it should be right around the corner. Here is everything we currently know about it:
- 1. Super Wall Breaker
- 2. Super Giant
- 3. Sneaky Goblin
- 4. Super Barbarian
- 5. Introducing Super Troops
- 6. Quality of Life Changes
- 7. New Levels
- 8. Price Reduction
- 9. Builder Base QoL Changes
- 10. Update Release Date
- 11. Related Articles
- 12. Is there anything missing here?
This barrel of bones rides into battle atop a Giant Bomb with the promise of a bigger explosion. Not only does he have double the amount of hit points compared to his non-Super version, his potential for incendiary daredevil stunts literally opens up new avenues of opportunity.
While his pyrotechnic potential sets him apart from normal Wall Breaker, Super Wall Breaker is guaranteed to explode regardless of the manner of his demise.
Whether he reaches the target or is destroyed en route to his final destination, Super Wall Breaker will release the full fury of his ordnance no matter what and at max level, the blast will take down Walls of any level.
The Super Wall Breaker costs 55.000 Dark Elixir and works for a week. After that, there is another week cooldown. It's available only to Town Hall 11 and higher.
If you were expecting the Super Giant to have the ability to do extra damage with his first attack...well...you'd be wrong. This handsome fella has not only been working on his martial skills and endurance, his trips to the barber have also given him a full set of hair.
Featuring his lustrous amber muttonchop sideburns, Super Giant is aching for a brawl. When in his Super-mode, Super Giant is even tankier than ever with nearly triple the amount of hit points and double the amount of damage.
However, it’s his spiked knuckles that are the star of the show - each punch deals 4x damage to Walls, making him excellent for clearing a path for your Troops.
The Super Giant is available to Town Hall 12 and higher. It costs 60.000 Dark Elixir, works for a week and has a 1 week cooldown.
Although this green gremlin has clearly been skipping leg day, he has been working on his thieving skills. While having almost triple the hit points and DPS would be enough to set him apart from his punier alter ego, he's not called "sneaky" for no reason.
The Sneaky Goblin starts off stealthed when deployed, rendering him invisible to Defenses for the first few seconds.
In game terms, the Sneaky Goblin offers quite a different strategy than the normal Goblin or even the Sneaky Archers. Instead, this base-born bandit takes advantage of his prowling proficiency up close and personal.
His extra damage to Resources makes him an ideal troop for clearing out those high HP Gold and Elixir Storages to funnel your attack. Or, his nimble legs can really be useful when you need to clear out those last few remaining Buildings.
The Sneaky Goblin costs 50.000 Dark Elixir and works for a week. After that, there is another week cooldown. Just as all Super Troops, it's available only to Town Hall 11 and higher.
This magnificently-maned maniacal master of mayhem will start Raged for a few seconds when first deployed. With more hit points, greater damage, faster movement, and a nifty skull belt, this hurricane of hurt is blind to anything except destroying the nearest target. The Super Barbarian is an excellent shock troop for rapid attacks.
The Super Barbarian is a stronger and more powerful version of the regular Barbarian.
It also has a special Rage ability called, similar to the Builder Base Raged Barbarian, where the speed and damage are increased for a few seconds when deployed.
The stats of the Super Barbarian based on the regular Barbarian. If you have a level 9 Barbarian, you will get a level 9 Super Barbarian upon upgrade.
The upgrade costs 50.000 Dark Elixir. Before purchasing you can "try" the special troop on a friendly attack against a random NPC base.
The upgrade lasts for 7 days.
We will have 4 Super Troops revealed for this update, so stay tuned as tomorrow we should get the next one!
Super Troops are temporarily powered-up versions of Troops in the Home Village. Each Super Troop will have a unique ability that is different from their normal counterpart.
These special units have spent some time in the new barrel-shaped building that sits near the Trader but what goes on inside is something left to be determined by future sages and mystics. However, when the Troop emerges from the barrel, they feel refreshed, look fabulous, and are ready to go to battle.
Well first, in order to train the all-new Super Troops, you need to be a Chief of a Town Hall 11 and up village. Simply click on the new Super Troop building near the Trader and it will give you the option to decide which Troop you want to power up.
Each power-up will require a certain amount of resources; however, it’s important to note you can only power-up one Super Troop at a time. You can even test out each Super Troop in a special trial attack that’s available before you decide to commit to the temporary power-up!
Once you've powered up a Super Troop, it cannot be canceled and you will need to wait for the 7-day duration until you can power up another one.
When you’ve Supered your Troop, you will see a red background (and a new handsomer visage) for your Super Troop icon when you go to train your Troops in the Barracks. During the week-long Super buff, you will be only able to train the Super version of the troop until the buff expires.
When your Clanmates request reinforcements, you will be able to donate the Super version of that Troop (and also the normal version if you already have some trained). You can even request specific Super Troops using the new optional reinforcement request feature coming in this update, though in order to receive them someone in your Clan must actively have that specific Super Troop.
Each Super buff has a 7-day duration, followed by a 7-day cooldown period before it can be used again. In order to use a Super Troop power-up, each Troop does have a certain level requirement which will be displayed in the Super Troop UI.
Hey...being a Super Troop is exhausting!
For the Spring Update, there will be 4 different Super Troops available. Over the next few days, we will be revealing each of the different Super Troops that are coming with this update.
Tired of receiving the wrong reinforcements? A new option in the troop request menu will allow you to request only the specific Troops you would like in your Clan Castle!
Here is the new request donation menu, where you choose specific troops:
New donation menu, where you can only donate what was asked:
Clan Castle Troops will now deploy in a specific order!
- Lowest housing space first
- Finally by lowest level first
We’ve also added a new Hero Preview window under your Village Profile tab.
- Research Potions now boost the Laboratory speed by 24x instead of 10x. The cost of Research Potions is now 120 Gems, up from 70 Gems in the Trader’s Daily Deals.
- When claiming rewards from Clan Games, if you do not have enough storage space for the claimed item you will be given the option to select Gems instead. The number of Gems received is based on the normal price the specific item sells for.
- Introducing Clan Castle Troops for Friendly Challenges! These function just like the CC Troops in Legend League in that once you set them, they remain filled and unchanged until you manually change them again.
- Main Village layouts that would normally be prevented due to obstacles being in the way will be allowed for Friendly Wars.
- When you purchase or acquire a Hero Skin it will automatically open that Hero’s Skin UI to allow you to immediately swap skins.
- The Clan War Leagues screen in the Champions leagues will be inaccessible to any members without a role and who are not included in the Clan’s League roster. This is to prevent or minimize opposing Clans infiltrating or spying on their rivals by joining the opponents’ Clans.
- The Grand Warden AI has been adjusted to make him less likely to follow Yetimites
- The Eagle Artillery will give less priority to targeting Yetimites
- Make Warden less likely to follow and help other heroes
|TH Level||Building||Level||Capacity||Production||HP||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time|
|TH11||Gold Mine||14||300,000||5600/hr||1180||840,000 Elixir||5D|
|TH11||Elixir Collector||14||300,000||5600/hr||1180||840,000 Gold||5D|
|TH11||Dark Elixir Drill||8||3000||140/hr||1380||3.5M Elixir||6D|
You can now build a 3rd Dark Elixir Drill at Town Hall level 9 (previously TH10).
|TH Level||Troop||Level||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||DPS||HP||Training Cost||Training Time|
|TH Level||Defense||Level||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||DPS||HP|
|Spell||Level||TH Level||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||Max DPS||Speed Decrease||Attack Rate Decrease||Cost|
Freeze Spell can be upgraded to Level 2 in the Laboratory at Town Hall level 9 (previously at TH10).
Town Hall 13 players will be able to upgrade an additional 50x Wall segments to Level 14.
Walls, Troops, Spells, Traps, and Heroes will get a huge price reduction on the next update. Here are the complete changes:
|Wall Level||Old Cost||New Cost||Reduction (%)|
|Troop/Spell||Level||Town Hall||Old Cost||New Cost||Reduction (%)|
|Spell||Level||Town Hall||Old Cost||New Cost||Reduction (%)|
|Level||Old Cost||New Cost||Reduction (%)|
|Level||Old Cost||New Cost||Reduction (%)|
- Builder Base will now have an additional tiebreaker. If both Stars and % Destruction are equal and the % Destruction is above 0%, the player with more time left will be crowned as the winner.
- We have removed training times from Troops in the Builder Base. All training will now happen immediately. Yes you read that right...IMMEDIATELY.
- Battle Machine healing time has been removed as well!
- Even if your Builder Base Barracks are under upgrade, now you will still be able to train troops!
With training times for Troops and healing time for Battle Machine removed, the Clock Tower will now focus more on boosting building and resource generation:
- Clock Tower multiplier has been increased from 8x to 10x.
- Clock Tower boost duration has been increased from 3-11 minutes to 14-30 minutes (Clock Tower Potion's duration remains at 30 minutes).
- Clock Tower boost cooldown time has been increased from 7 hours to 22 hours.
- The Gem cost to refresh the Clock Tower cooldown has been reduced.
This update will add 4 Super Troops and all of them have been revealed, so the update should drop next week, probably Monday or Tuesday. Clash on!
Related Article: 2019 Halloween Hidden Changes and Features
Related Article: 2019 Halloween Update Recap
Related Article: Summer 2019 Hidden Changes and Features.
Related Article: Summer 2019 Update Recap.
Related Article: Spring 2019 Update Recap.
Related Article: Spring 2019 Hidden Changes and Features.
Related Article: Xmas 2018 Update Hidden Changes and Features.
Related Article: Xmas 2018 Update Recap.
Contact me on Twitter @HouseofClashers and I will update this page!