|Spring 2021 Update Recap: Town Hall 14, Battle Builder, Pets and More!||Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #4 - Introducing Hero Pets!||Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #3 - This Time Builder Hits Back!||Spring 2021 Update Sneak Peek #2 - Balance Changes, QoL Improvements, Game Changes||Clash Quest Now Live in Selected Countries!||Breaking News: Town Hall 14 Announced!||Spring Update: Clan Castle Troop Donation Changes||Supercell Announces Three New Clash Games: Clash Mini, Clash Heroes, and Clash Quest!||April 2021 Season Challenges Starts Today: Rogue Champion + Skin Giveaway!||Hammer Jam Event + Last Town Hall 13 Challenge?!!|
This article is currently NOT UPDATED with the new Lightning Spell from the Summer 2020 Update. Hang in there, it will be updated soon. :)
• Hello Clashers, on this page I will review this popular tactic used to take down Air Defenses before deploying air attacks!
• ZapQuake is an abbreviation created by the Clash community for the Lightning + Earthquake Spells combo.
• The idea is quite simple: villages have up to 4 Air Defenses and with this combo you can easily destroy one or two Air Defenses before the actual attack, making this a great preparation to air attacks.
• It’s also possible to take out an Inferno Tower with this combo, but this is not effective as destroying an AD. Actually, the problem is the cost-benefit of using so many spells to take down a single IT.
• If the X-Bows are down and you destroy 2 Air Defenses, you can easily get 100% on most villages. In fact, even if the X-Bows are targeted to air, your attack will get much easier by destroying even a single AD.
• Taking out Air Defenses is obviously a preparation to air attacks, so the most common troop formations to use with this combo are Lavaloonion, Dragons and Lava + Dragon, etc.
• The number of Zaps and Quakes you must use depends on the level of the spells and the level of the Air Defense.
• You can see the complete chart of requirements at the stats page. That’s where the real magic is, check it out!!!
• It’s possible to use Queen Walk (Queen + Healers) to destroy an Air Defense before the actual attack as well. Both cases have some advantages, it all depends on the base configuration and how strong is your Queen. Let’s see:
- QW requires a strong Queen.
- QW will use troop space as it requires Healers.
- QW can only take down AD located near the edges.
- QW can get in trouble with the CC troops.
- Something can go wrong and you can lose the Queen too early, without destroying an AD.
• But has some advantages:
- QW doesn’t really requires any spells, even though Rage is very effective with the Healers.
- QW can “clear” one side of the base taking down other buildings as well, including Archer and Wizard Towers.
- You can use the King as well, creating a huge combo.
- You can take the CC troops out and kill them.
- All this can be done BEFORE the activation of the Eagle Artillery. Thinking about taking down the Eagle as well? Yeap, me too…
Good luck! :)