This article is about the Builder Base. For the regular base, please visit the Home Village Upgrade Priorities article.
Upgrade your building on the right order is extremely important on Clash of Clans and directly affects the gameplay.
With the introduction of the Builder Base the upgrade order is still very relevant, however, the priorities are completely different from the Home Village. With new rules and loot math, it's a completely different upgrade approach here. Let's see!
- 1. Builder Base Upgrade Priorities
- 2. 1. Collectors and Mines
- 3. 2. Army Camp, Laboratory, Clock Tower and Battle Machine
- 4. 3. Builder Hall vs Town Hall Differences
- 5. The Benefits of Rushing the BH
- 6. The Problem of Rushing the Builder Hall
- 7. 4. Defenses
There are many different approaches to upgrade your buildings on the Builder Base. On this list I will share an aggressive upgrade order so you can progress on the game fast and don't struggle wasting too much time stuck on a Builder Hall level.
It's a list that will give you some challenges, but will not let the game be too slow and frustrating:
1. Collectors and Mines
2. Army Camp, Laboratory, Clock Tower and Battle Machine
3. Buildings required to upgrade your Builder Hall to the next level
4. Builder Hall
On Builder Base you can't farm and the loot is a fixed amount you can get according to your Trophies. For this reason, Collectors and Mines are much more important than on your Home Village. Upgrade to increase your resources ASAP.
These buildings affect the gameplay directly. Upgrading the Battle Machine and building all Army Camps will give you a significant upgrade on your attack. With better attacks you will be able to raise your Trophies and collect more loot.
Well, here is the HUGE difference from your Home Village. Yes, on Builder Base I recommend rushing the Builder Hall.
The only buildings I recommend constructing and upgrading are the ones required to unlock the next Builder Hall level.
Here is why there is a big difference from Builder Hall and Town Hall upgrade order:
1. Loot Penalty: on your Home Village there is a loot penalty for attacking lower level players. On the Builder Base, there isn't. The loot is a fixed amount of Gold and Elixir based only on Trophy count.
2. Loot math: the higher your Town Hall, more loot available is available to be stolen so you will lose more on defense if you are not strong enough. On the Builder Base there is no such thing, the loot is not stolen from your base on defenses.
3. Search cost: skipping attacks on your Home Village costs more every time you upgrade your TH. On Builder Base, there is no skipping.
There are several reasons to rush your BH. If you want to upgrade your village fast, my tip is to upgrade the Builder Hall as fast as possible:
1. Every time you reach a new BH level, new defenses are unlocked, giving you a huge boost to your defense.
2. Once you reach BH 4 you will unlock the 4th Army Camp. This is extremely important to get more Trophies and a better Win Bonus.
3. Once you reach BH 5 you will unlock the Mortar and Battle Machine. Well, get ready to boost your cups and improve your Win Bonus even more. But that’s not all, you will unlock a second Mine and Collector, giving you a great boost to your resources as well.
4. Keep in mind there is no farming on the Builder Village (see Loot System article). Everything you do must be only focus to improve your offense and defense to get more and more Trophies, improving your Win Bonus.
5. The best way to get more Trophies and Loot? Unlocking all army camps, all defenses, all troops and the Battle Machine as soon as possible!
Even tough rushing the Builder Hall looks like an excellent idea, it's not perfect.
The main problem that affects this tactic is the matchmaking. Although the game looks for opponents with similar Trophy count as you, your Builder Hall level is also taken in consideration, but not *that* much. The game looks for opponents with the same Builder Hall level as you, so being a "rushed" BH will make things harder.
However, on my experience early upgrading my Builder Hall gave me big jumps on the Trophy count as I could unlock new defenses and improve my army, providing me much more loot and helping me to upgrade my village faster.
The battles are obviously harder, but the point here is to get more Trophies to increase the Win Bonus, so upgrading the Builder Hall early is a very effective way to do this.
For example, Clashers trying to max out the BH3 are still with 1.500 Trophies. With my rushed BH5 I’m with 2.500 Trophies, getting much more loot every day and spending it on more important defenses.
At last, all defenses. This is very subjective and there really isn't any mistake you can make, but here is how I upgraded:
- Mega Tesla
- Giant Cannon
- Archer Tower
- Hidden Tesla
- Double Cannon
- Guard Hut