"Clans are an optional feature in Clash of Clans, but it is strongly recommended that every player should join a Clan. Collaboration is a very important and helpful aspect of this game."
If you're trying to create a Clan but the game tells you its name is invalid, you must try something else. The one you attempted either began with, or contained a special character (or emoji), or contained a string of characters black-listed in one of the many languages Clash of Clans supports.
When a Clan Leader hasn't logged into Clash of Clans for 90 days, the game selects a new Leader automatically.
Members, as well as the Leader, are notified throughout the rotation process via messages in the game.
- 60 days of inactivity:
- An in-game message is sent to the entire Clan, informing that the highest-ranking and longest-serving active member will be the new Leader.
- 74 days of inactivity:
- A screen notification is sent to the Leader.
- 83 days of inactivity:
- A second screen notification is sent to the Leader.
- A second in-game message is sent to the entire Clan.
- The new Leader is appointed.
|Trophy Rank in Clan (Members)||% of Trophies that Count Towards Score|
|Clan Roles||Ability to invite||Ability to kick||Ability to promote||Edit Clan information||Send messages to all players||Start wars|
|Elder||Yes||Yes (to members only, every 20 minutes)||No||No||No||No|
|Co-Leader||Yes||Yes (to elders and members)||Yes (to elders and members)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Leader||Yes||Yes (to any member)||Yes (to any member)||Yes||Yes||Yes|