|2021 Autumn Update Recap: Release Date, Super Bowler, New Troop/Defense Levels, Balance Changes||New Guide: Super Bowler Explained!||2021 Autumn Update Sneak Peek #2: Super Bowler, Quality of Life Improvements||2021 Autumn Update Sneak Peek #1: New Troops/Defenses Levels, Bug Fixes, Balance Changes||September 2021 Clan Games Announced: Schedule, Book of Heroes, Rune of Gold, up to 320 Free Gems!||September 2021 Season Challenges Starts Today: Gladiator Champion + Rewards + Skin Giveaway!||August 2021 Clashiversary Clan Games Announced: Book of Everything, Rune of Dark Elixir, up to 360 Free Gems!||Town Hall 14 Attack Strategy: Yeti + Super Wizard Attack||Clashiversary: Party Wizard is Back + Rune of Elixir!||August 2021 Balance Changes: Valkyries and X-Bows Boost|
• Hey Clashers! It’s Tom here (@HouseofClashers) and on this article I review this basic but fundamental skill on Clash of Clans: funneling!
• Clash of Clans troops are know for not being very smart, especially the King, Queen and P.E.K.K.A. You deploy them thinking they will go to a direction, but they go the other way.
• For this reason a very common layout tactic was created: placing “useless” buildings (Collectors, Mines, Barracks, etc) outside the walls to create distractions. Instead of going inside, on the direction of the Town Hall, the troops will target useless buildings outside and will go around the village without actually doing any vital damage.
• This is a very useful and popular tactic, it really works if the attacker doesn’t know how to “funnel” their troops.
• The idea of funneling is quite easy to explain, but requires a lot of training to be good at.
• The first thing you must do is to identify the actual place you want to get inside the village. Once you decide, you must perform a 2-step attack.
• You must clear the useless buildings outside the walls, the obstacles that might create a distraction to your important troops. You first must attack on the left and right of your entry point with a few troops (or Queen Walk), and later deploy the full army on the middle.
• If the buildings are far from the defenses, you can do this with Archers. In a few seconds they will be gone.
• The most common tactic is to deploy 1/3 of your army to clear the area. Once the distractions are gone, you are ready for the second step. You can split your army in 3: first you deploy 1/3 on the left and right of the “funneling” spot. When the distractions are gone, you are really to the second step: deploy the main attack on the center.
• This is where the heavy troops are, including the Heroes.
• Unless you are using Queen Walk to clear the area, don’t release the Heroes on the first step.
• If you are attacking with Golems, you can release 2 of them on the first step, one on each side, and the main attack in the middle.
• To check if the funneling will work, you must look for the actual target that shows up when you deploy a troop. Every time you put down a troop the game shows a target. That’s the first building the troop is going to attack. If the target is the one you want, deploy all troops and Heroes.
• Never, under any circumstance, release P.E.K.K.As without clearing the distractions first. This is by far the “least smart” troop of the game, she will not enter the village if there is any distraction left outside.
House of Clashers creator and main editor. Brazilian programmer that can't stop playing and writing about Clash of Clans since 2012.