Spring 2021 Update Recap: Town Hall 14, Battle Builder, Pets and More!
Get ready Clashers, the Sneak Peeks are over and the update is right around the corner! As we always do on House of Clashers, here is the complete recap!
- 1. Release Date
- 2. Hero Pets
- 3. Battle Builder
- 4. Town Hall 14
- 5. Balance Changes
- 6. Clan Castle Donation Changes
- 7. Starter Challenges
- 8. New Starter Pass Reward Track
- 9. Recruitment Tool
- 10. Cost Reductions
- 11. New Achievements
- 12. Gameplay
- 13. UI Changes
- 14. 3D Assets
- 15. Season Challenge Changes
- 16. iOS Changes
- 17. Bug Fixes
Pets are special troops that can be assigned to Heroes. Once assigned, the pet will be automatically deployed with the Hero on the battle, it's not possible to deploy separated as a single troop.
For more details and complete stats, visit the Pets page.
There are currently 4 Pets available:
Electro Owl is an air unit the flies alongside the Hero it was assigned to.
She can target ground and air units and has the same range as its Hero.
For more details and complete stats, visit the Electro Owl page.
Without any preferred target, it will attack any building within 2.5 tile range of the Hero, making single damage with its melee attack.
For more details and complete stats, visit the L.A.S.S.I page.
The Mighty Yak is a ground Pet that attacks any building up to 7 tiles away from the Hero it is assigned for.
With up to 5550 Hit Points, it is the strongest Pet so far.
He makes splash damage with his melee attack and doesn't have a preferred target.
For more details and complete stats, visit the Mighty Yak page.
With a movement speed of only 16, it is the slowest Pet in the game.
For more details and complete stats, visit the Unicorn page.
Battle Builder is an upgraded Builder Hut that not only makes damage to the enemy attacker, but also repairs the defenses.
The attack is similar to a "mini X-Bow": single target, fast reload, attacks ground and air units, and doesn't have a preferred target.
Once there is a friendly building damaged inside this radius, the builder himself will go there to repair them.
However, you can't kill the builder himself. To stop him, you must destroy his hut. Once the hut collapses, the builders will run towards it and hides in the underground.
For more details and complete stats, visit the Battle Builder page.
Town Hall 14. This jungle-themed Town Hall has ancient pictograms and hieroglyphs on its crenelations that surely shares secrets of ancient Clash wisdom.
|Upgrade Time||Upgrade Cost||Storage Capacity (Gold)||Storage Capacity (Elixir)||Storage Capacity (Dark Elixir)||Hit Points|
|20 days||16M Gold||2M Gold||2M Elixir||20K Dark Elixir||8900|
Town Hall 14 Giga Inferno
Town Hall 14 will still have a Giga Inferno that can be upgraded 5 levels. However, when the Town Hall is destroyed, it’ll now drop a Poison Bomb that deals damage, slows enemy attacks and movement speed.
Upgrading to Town Hall 14 unlocks...
New Defense/Building/Trap Levels
- Level 12 Laboratory
- Level 10 Clan Castle
- Level 15 Gold Storage
- Level 15 Elixir Storage
- Level 9 Dark Elixir Storage
- Level 20 Cannon
- Level 13 Hidden Tesla
- Level 9 Bomb Tower
- Level 8 Inferno Tower
- Level 5 Eagle Artillery
- Level 3 Scattershot
- Level 10 Bomb
- Level 15 Wall
New Hero Levels
- Barbarian King Level 80 → Iron Fist Level 16
- Archer Queen Level 80 → Royal Cloak Level 16
- Grand Warden Level 55 → Eternal Tome + Life Aura Level 11
- Royal Champion Level 30 → Seeking Shield Level 6
New Troop Levels
- Level 10 Barbarian
- Level 10 Archer
- Level 10 Wall Breaker
- Level 7 Healer
- Level 8 Baby Dragon
- Level 10 Minion
- Level 9 Valkyrie
- Level 6 Ice Golem
New Spell Levels
- Level 6 Clone Spell house space effect has been increased from 33 to 34
- Super Giant HP has been reduced by 200
- Super Minion DPS has been decreased by 50. HP has been increased by 100
- Inferno Dragon level 2 DPS has been decreased from 80-1600 to 79-1580 and HP reduced by 50
- Inferno Dragon beam cooldown time has been increased from 0.5s to 0.6s
- Increase max Spell donation count by 1 for Clans of Level 4 and above
- Level 8 Inferno Tower will have 6 beams while in Multi-Inferno mode
In order to protect lower-level players from overpowered defensive Clan Castle units and to maintain a better mid-Town Hall level game balance, we’ve reworked some of the Clan Castle donation functionalities.
For more details and complete stats, check the Clans page.
Starter Challenges are a new way for players between Town Hall 2-6 to speed up their progress through a variety of Challenges similar to the Silver/Gold Pass. These new free-to-play Challenges are unlocked with each Town Hall level and completing each Challenge will provide more Challenges to complete.
There are some deliciously tempting rewards that can be earned on the Starter Pass. From Rune of Gold to a Book of Building, the Starter Pass reward track has up to 5000 points for players to complete.
Once a player upgrades to Town Hall 7, all unclaimed rewards are automatically collected.
We’ve made a number of changes to help improve the user experience when players use the Find New Member feature.
- It is now possible for players to receive invites without also being suggested in the Find New Members feature. The Invites preference in the player profile now offers 3 settings.
- Receive Invites + Be Suggested
- Receive Invites
- No Invites
- Players who chose to be suggested in the Find New Members feature must confirm that they are still looking for a Clan every week to continue being suggested.
- Invites to join a clan now expire after 2 weeks. This will prevent cases where someone joins a clan unexpectedly from a very old invite.
- There is now an info popup in Find New Members that gives some detail on how the feature works and explains what controls clans have over the recommendations.
- Clans can now set a language in their settings.
Reduced training times
- Ice Golem: 360 seconds → 300 seconds
- Witch: 360 seconds → 240 seconds
- Super Witch: 1200 seconds → Jo800 seconds
Wall cost reduction
Low- & Mid-Town Hall level cost reductions
We have implemented tons of cost changes from Town Hall level 2 through Town Hall level 11 to help players upgrade faster than ever, with the biggest discounts applied from Town Hall level 7 to 10!
- Upgrade timers for Town Hall 2 have been reduced by 60%
- Early Troop upgrades in the Lab have been significantly reduced
- Upgrade costs for the Barbarian King and Archer Queen for levels 1-50 have been significantly reduced
- Town Hall level 13 costs are largely unchanged
- For a breakdown of the cost changes please refer to the following tables. The percentages display a rough average of the discounts applied to each Town Hall Level. Please note the costs do not apply to Walls.
|Town Hall Level||Gold Costs||Elixir Costs||DE Costs|
|Town Hall Level||Builder Times||Lab Times|
Several cost/timer reductions for new players
- Cost to Search/Next an Attack reduced at most levels from TH1-8
- Training Cost of Level 1/2 Barbarians changed from 25/40 to 15/30
- Training Cost of Level 1/2 Archers changed from 50/80 to 30/60
- Training Cost of Level 1/2/3/4 Giants changed from 250/750/1250/1750 to 150/300/750/1500
- Upgrade Cost of Barbs/Archers reduced at levels 1-2
- Doubled Storage Capacity of lvl 1-4 Elixir Collectors / Gold Mines so they don't cap out after 3 hours
We’ve added a bevvy of new Achievements aimed at high-level players to accomplish!
Not So Easy This Time
Destroy weaponized Town Halls in Multiplayer Battles
|Level||Target #||XP Reward||Gem Reward|
Donate Siege Machines*
|Level||Target #||XP Reward||Gem Reward|
*Since Siege Machine donations are now counted towards this Achievement, they are no longer counted towards the Friend in Need Achievement.
Boost Super Troops
|Level||Target #||XP Reward||Gem Reward|
- Boosts on Heroes or Buildings are no longer canceled when an upgrade is started and will continue to run in the background.
- Practice mode levels are now only available at the same Town Hall as the level, not one earlier.
- Ongoing Lab upgrade timer continues normally when Lab is upgraded and can be finished with Gems or a Book. New unit/spell upgrades still cannot be started before the Lab upgrade is completed.
- Move some of the obstacles from the new Village starting layout closer to the edges so there's larger continuous empty space for the Village.
- The rewards for the first 19 Goblin Map levels after the tutorial have been increased for a better new player experience:
- Values for level 20 and beyond remain unchanged
- Achievements are now listed in a more sensible order rather than the order they were first added to the game.
- There is now a confirmation popup when pressing the Finish Training button in the Training Screen.
- New icon for max poison DPS to distinguish it from normal DPS
- Lab research screen is accessible during Lab upgrade
- Keep the level badge flame burning in combat hud when all troops/spells are deployed
- Use pop over to show what the new buildings/traps are in Town Hall / Builder Hall upgrade screen
- The default Skin for the Barbarian King has been given a slight polish by adding more triangles which better captures the character and essence of his royal highness. Furthermore, the custom textures take full advantage of the new shaders. We plan to do this with all of the default skins of each Hero. We will apply this new shader tech to future skins but we have no plans to revisit older ones at the moment.
- When claiming a resource reward if the player only has enough storage space for some of the reward they can now take whatever amount of the reward will fit and some gems. The amount of gems scales from a max of 5 down to 1 based on what proportion of the resources were taken. E.g. if a player takes 20% of resources they will receive 4 gems (80% of 5).
- When a Season ends any unlocked but unclaimed rewards from the Season will be automatically claimed. Any rewards unable to fit into storage will be converted to gems according to the same rules as if this was done manually.
- If a player is close to maxed and cannot complete the requirements of a challenge requiring upgrading a certain number of walls or buildings, they will only have to complete as much as they can still upgrade. If they are fully maxed out and cannot upgrade anything the challenge will be automatically completed.
- New Clan Games and Gold Pass challenges for Invisibility Spell
- All Season Challenges relating to Winning Battles with a Troop or Spell have had the quantity needed per battle reduced to 1 each.
- The default frame rate for 120FPS iPad Pro models is set to 60FPS in order to preserve battery usage. If you wish to switch to 120FPS, there is a new Higher Frame Rate option under More Settings that will allow you to revert to 120FPS.
- On supported devices we now use Apple's Metal graphics API. This offers more efficient performance and should reduce power usage while playing the game.
- In order to use Facebook's social features, it is now necessary to grant permission for cross app-tracking. This is unfortunately required by Facebook for us to offer this feature. Check out Supercell ID for privacy-friendly social features!
- Spring Traps no longer waste spring capacity by ejecting dead troops.
- Fixed minor inaccuracies from Raged Barbarian, Super Barbarian and Sneaky Archer ability timers.
- Fixed minor inaccuracy from Headhunter poison timer.
- Fixed lifetime calculation inaccuracy for Siege Barracks. Its lifetime was not exactly 30 seconds as stated on the info screen.
- Added lifetime information to Log Launcher info screen.
- Fixed rare targeting bug for ground troops. Ground troops would sometimes fail to pick a target if they have exactly 2 eligible troop targets close to each other and no other targets.
- When troops are deployed inside Invisibility Spell, the effect is applied immediately. Otherwise defenses would sometimes target the deployed troops before they become invisible.
- Lava Hounds and Ice Hounds no longer permanently forget about targeting Air Defenses if all the remaining Air Defenses are invisible when they're targeting.
- Fixed bugs from more accurate Line-of-Sight calculation and re-enable it.
- Introduce better attack position evaluation logic for Archer Queen. It should improve her AI and for example she's more likely to walk in to open compartments with a missing corner Wall segment now.
- Defensive Healers will no longer heal defensive buildings if the splash happens to hit them.
- Stop Grand Warden from attacking a Wall if nobody else in his group is attacking a Wall.
- Prevent Grand Warden from dying while activating his ability if he's damaged at the exact same moment.
- Allow live spectating attacks among Supercell ID friends.
- Show normal projectiles for Archer Queen when she is invisible without using the Royal Cloak ability.
- Do not use poison avoidance for dead units. Fixes spinning death animation for Electro Dragons.
- Fix some visual inconsistencies in Ice Golem death effects.
- Show loot in single player storage buildings. Now storages are always visually full if the level has 100% loot remaining instead of being visually empty.
- Take TH based scaling into account in practice and challenge levels. For example earlier the Santa spell would be scaled based on the player's TH but now it's scaled based on the level's TH.
- Add support for defining skins for the attacker in challenge levels instead of using player's currently selected skins.
- Add support for attack timer in challenge levels.
- Do not show the indicator in war screen edit layout button if the button itself isn't visible.
- Players must always choose a war size when signing up for Clan War League, there is no default selection any more.
- Show up to 36 icons during a replay in case the attacker is using that many units. The prior upper limit was 30.
- Fixed crash when trying to open classic war details while the CWL screen is open.
- Fix ground Xbow upgrade asset to match other assets of the same level for levels 5, 6 and 7.
- Do not accumulate XP when destroying Town Hall in practice mode, Super Troop trial level or challenge level. XP is still gained normally in game modes where your own army is used.
- Fixed a bug where players could have more than the intended number of Super Troops trainable or trained at once.
- Make war info screen text compatible with 1 attack wars by not mentioning the exact attack count.
- Fixed visual Wall connection problems when visiting villages which have destroyed Walls and the village owner has not logged in after they were destroyed.
- Fixed a rare bug in Builder Base where players could randomly get extra troops when the game server had issues during the previous battle.
- Fixed positioning of level 10-11 Army Camp HP bar, name and text bubble.
- Show correct price of Builder Base Army Camp in the Builder Menu in case the previous Army Camp has been very recently built.
- The Builder Menu will now show Builder Huts can be upgraded.
- Disable Move All tool buttons when dragging objects to avoid visual glitches.
- Improve synchronization of visual and logical object coordinates in layout editor.
- Refresh wall connections properly when swapping walls in layout editor.
- Fixed failure in the layout editor if more than 500 objects are moved at once.
- Allow swapping of buildings also in the editor without triggering the layout cooldown.
- Prevent donating troops below requested level. If someone had requested a level 7 Freeze and 1 Spell of any kind in a clan with +1 level perk, and had already received level 5+1 Freeze, the donation system would falsely assume that the donated Freeze spell fills the original request.
- Improved sorting of super troops within the donation request menu by giving them a specific order instead of an arbitrary order.
- Give proper error messages whenever donation to War Clan Castle fails.
- Apply clan perks (and donation level caps) immediately when doing war donations instead of first adding the unmodified troop and then applying modifiers later.